Legal Practice Director
Accredited Family Specialist
Areas of Practice
- Family and De Facto Law
- Commercial Law
- Land and Business Settlements
- Wills, Probate and Deceased Estates
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Accredited Family Law Specialist since 2001
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court on 23 August 2000
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia on 2 March 1984
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence University of Western Australia (1982)
- Bachelor of Laws University of Western Australia (1983)
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Practitioners Association of WA
- South West Law Society
- Dolphin Discovery Board – Chairman
- Network South West Business Club
- Bunbury Repertory Club
- Previously WACHS Research Ethics Committee – Deputy Chairperson
Panels & Specific Roles
Rod acts as a Independent Children’s Lawyer appointed by the Court through Legal Aid and is on Legal Aid’s Family Law Panel.
Rod was born in Darwin, NT. He lived in Hong Kong, Singapore and South Africa between 1962 to 1978 before returning to Australia to attend University in Perth. He completed his articles at a small suburban practice in Perth and worked there for 7 years until 1989.
Rod moved to Bunbury in July 1990, to work for a large Bunbury legal firm. In 2000, he set up the Kaeser Kroon law firm with Colin Kaeser.
Over the years, Rod has been involved in a number of organisations and sports, probably the most significant was an organisation called Rotaract. His current interests are travel, theatre, and wine (not necessarily in that order).