BooksWhen a loved one dies it can be an extremely stressful time for the family. To reduce the stress Kroon Legal can assist with the legal consequences of the person’s death. When a person dies ‘Intestate’ it means the person died without making a Will. Any adults entitled to share in the Estate can apply to administer the Estate. This is called Letters of Administration. The Estate is distributed in accordance with statutory law. The entitlements depend on which family members survive the deceased and the value of the Estate.

We can provide comprehensive advice to an Executor of a Will, prepare and lodge an application for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration with the Supreme Court or advise family members on the proposed distribution of an Estate. We offer a fixed fee service for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration.

Kroon Legal can also advise and act on behalf of family members who believe they are entitled to be a beneficiary of a deceased estate who may have been forgotten or written out of a Will or have an inheritance claim for someone who died intestate. The Family Provision Act 1972 defines who has standing to make a claim and we can advise on the merits of your case.

Contact us at our Bunbury office to make an appointment or for further information.