Kroon Legal’s experienced team can provide you with advice on a wide range of contracts. We can represent you in contract negotiations and prepare both simple and complex contracts to meet your needs.
We are also able to assist you with contract disputes (see Commercial Litigation).
Commercial and Retail Shop Leases
Kroon Legal can assist you by advising on, negotiating and preparing leases. We can act for either the landlord or the tenant.
Kroon Legal can assist you with structuring your business and investments through discretionary, family and self managed superannuation trusts. This is normally done in consultation with or through instruction from your accountant.
Trusts can be used as a:
- tax minimisation strategy;
- as a means of providing shared income for family members;
- to minimise the risk of creditors making a claim against your assets; and
- to place valuable assets out of the direct control of individuals at risk of making poor decisions that may affect a number of stakeholders involved.
One type of discretionary trust is a family trust. A trustee is elected to hold assets in their name for the benefit of a group of beneficiaries. Although one or more persons can be elected as trustee, so too can a company. This is beneficial in terms of avoiding the difficulty experienced in situations such as the death of a trustee, or in circumstances where an individual trustee has been personally declared bankrupt.
Kroon Legal can assist with:
- Drafting trusts;
- Reviewing trusts to ensure they comply with financial and trust-related legal requirements;
- Working with your accountant to make suitable arrangements;
- Advice for structuring your trust in ways to minimise the chance of claims being made under family law or debt recovery proceedings.
When buying a business there are numerous issues that must be addressed, go to our Business Settlements Page to see the key issues and how Kroon Legal can help you.